April 5, 2009

Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor

I hoped you all watched my latest youtube video and liked it =). I usually don't make videos, but there were too many things to take pictures of it all. So my spring break ends today and I'm super sad =(. I don't want to go back to school yet! Only a month and a half before summer! The posts will start to diminish again, but hopefully I won't stop all together. I'll try to write a few today and post them sparingly. The final stretch before summer! Got any summer plans?









REVIEW:
Product: 3/5
Quality: 3/5
Overall: 3/5
Price: $7 ~ $8 at Target

Other Colors it comes in:
Click Here to see all the colors.

Directions:
Apply the liquid color to your clean, bare lips. Then it’s two minutes to perfection! Remember to allow a full two minutes to dry, then apply ultra-conditioning balm to seal in softness. Reapply balm as needed. Remove with gentle Maybelline New York Superaway Lipcolor Remover.

What the Maybelline website states:

  • Flexible formula moves with your lips for no caking or flaking
  • Ultra-conditioning, refillable balm seals in softness for all-day comfort
  • Golden Shimmer Balm refillable topcoat available for extra dazzle on any color
  • Superaway Lipcolor Remover with Vitamin E gently removes all traces of long wear lipcolor
  • Lasts up to 16 hours
My Thoughts:
This product is okay... not the best in the world. I've had it for maybe 6 months and I've had to toss it already because it started to smell weird. The original scent is like a watermelon scent which I loved. The staying power is definitely there, but it dries out my lips soooo much. The balm that is supposed to be put over the lipcolor sucks too. I had to use my own chapstick to moisturize my lips. Definitely not ultra-conditioning... The color I bought is Plum which is like a deep pinky plum color; gorgeous. Their color selection isn't too bad, but like most drugstore brands, there isn't much to choose from. I wouldn't buy this again and don't reccomend it.

0 comments: